Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2009

Passing the drivers test during the Golden Era

Two tracks that I clearly remember listening to on the day I got my drivers license: November 25th, 1994.

My parents gave me their car to do my first steps on the road (go slowly, son!), weather turned misty, anyways:

I put a mixtape into the tapedeck, it was a collection of songs that I recorded from video-recordings of Yo!MTV Raps onto audio-tape. Yes, my sister had a cool VCR like that.

Two songs on that cassette turned out to be alltime fave of mine. I don't know if that is really connected, you know, subconcience and stuff, in any case: both of them still send shivers down my spine!

Digable Planets
Blackitolism (9th Wonder)
1994



This beat is a classic. The world was not ready back then. Are you now? I liked this far more than their debut stuff, that more famous "Slick Like That" never really appealed to me, but this blew me away. I am glad I bought the EXCELLENT album "Blowout Comb" some time along the way. For you poor and/or lazy people, you can find a link to this classic album right here.



Fu-Schnickens
Breakdown
1994



Be sure to crank up the bass on this one! ;-) Find a link to the accompanying album "Nervous Breakdown" here.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen